1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling my own ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, May 26, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Please. Those DIY machines don't cost too much at Big#Mart, end up paying for themselves and are much easier to deal with than those things. Just take a handful of coins, put 'em in the top and let the sorter put the coin in tube wrappers.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I always count and roll my own. I like it, although the pennies suck.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Commerce Bank (Now TDNorth) has a free coin counting machine.
    Dump it all in, get a receipt for the full amount, take it to the teller, get cash.

And you don't need an account there to use it.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody who has never rolled coins, what's to stop you from shorting the roll a coin or two? Does the bank weigh it or something?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

F_B, if it helps, my dad filled a giant wine keg with coins once. If I am remembering right, I think the jar was 10 or 12 gallons, and the take was about $3,000.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was teller when I was a youngster, right before and right after college.
    The branch at which I worked did not have a coin machine. We excepted rolled coins from customers, but the customer's account number had to be on every roll.
    The teller opens a roll from a customer and it's short, he/she takes the difference from the customer's account.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Yep, account number on roll...I always check to make sure they lengths match when I'm done... you know, that all the quarter ones match and so forth.. I take great delight in sticking Canadian money in them.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I would still prefer to physically possess the quarters, rather than put them in the bank, which I could easily do — well, not that easily, considering I have gallons of them.

I will have pictures up soon and, thanks to Ryan Sonner's idea, the contest will commence.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why would you want hundreds or thousands of dollars in rolled quarters?

10. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Let the guessing begin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will report back the amount in each container.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just quarters in there?

Draft saved Draft deleted