1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roll Tide ... straight to NCAA probation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Report: Alabama football players received PEDs.

Cheaters.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-alabama-players-received-peds-20130129,0,4611681.story

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This really sucks for Jacksonville State.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Geez, the NCAA has to deal with peds again?

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Saban just released a statement barring deer from having any access.

5. LongTimeListener

Big upset that deer-related scandal emanates from somewhere other than Wisconsin, that's for sure.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If I were marketing a PED, I would name it something ridiculous, too. Something close to deer-antler spray. Becuase I honestly think that the silly name of the product is getting in the way of this story having much traction (along with PED fatigue generally). People think it's just something akin to snake oil. "Those athletes, they'll try anything!"

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A school doesn't get probation for players flunking a drug test or using a banned substance.

A school can get probation for providing banned substances to players however.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He got access to the players somehow.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to go through the school to get that access.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He was captured on film by SI. That makes me curious.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You need an act of Congress to get an interview with a college kid these days, but half the team was in the guy's room getting Deer Antler spray -- the night before the championship game.

12. LongTimeListener

The USC penalties were largely related not to what the school did but to what it didn't prevent the players and agents from doing.

But the NCAA isn't picking at this scab. By the time the USC penalties came down, the dynasty was over. No chance they're going to shut down Alabama in the middle of this run.

Draft saved Draft deleted