1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rogers out for first half

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But was unable/unwilling to shift his rotation schedule in order to pitch in pivotal games in some little thing called the "World Series."

Was also held out of pitching in St. Louis because some mean nasty fans might scream something at him about "pine tar" or something. Being a young, inexperienced, immature, emotionally fragile player, it is easy to see how nasty fans screaming at him might throw him totally off his game, so obviously it was a better idea to hold him out and let their No. 4 starter go instead. Maybe after he's been in the majors a few more years, he'll be seasoned enough he can handle such challenges. ;D ;D

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Right on, Hank.

I think Durbin might be able to hold down the fort for a bit, too.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No doubt. That stuff is part of the deal with Rogers, but has absolutely nothing to do with his age.

Still, I would say that signing turned out to be a good one for the Tigers. I don't see how you can objectively say otherwise. Bonderman slumped late in the season. Verlander ran out of gas. Rogers was the one getting it done in September and in the playoffs.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not saying Rogers didn't pitch well or signing him was a bad idea. It's Ilitch's money, and he's got plenty, so who cares?

But, when you sign guys in their late 30s and 40s, this is what happens.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

So much for missing one start.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

The Tigs sign Guillen for four years at $12 mil per, according to the Detroit News.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/UPDATE/703300460/1004

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I wonder if assaulting camera men can cause blood clots.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

He has blood running through his arm? I thought it was pure venom.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You beat me to it.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I love seeing asshole athletes get major doses of karma. I hope he can live a healthy life, but I won’t feel badly if that son of a bitch never throws another pitch in the majors. There are few excuses for being an asshole.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It really dosn't matter because Justin Verlander pisses excellence.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He better hold on to some of it when Tommy John starts swinging a knife around him.

Draft saved Draft deleted