1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rogers cheating!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moland Spring, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Maybe John McCain can start a congressional investigation. It's a shame to see a quality guy like Steve Palermo having to paricipate in this charade

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought about that but that is more than likely the real reason. La Russa a cheating motherfucker. Always has been, always will be.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Glad someone agrees with me.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Holy fuck, this thing is picking up steam, leading the national news summary on Yahoo. http://www.yahoo.com

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I know this is a stupid question, but is there a reason why you posted this huge excerpt from Wetzel's column without identifying it as such?

Just curious.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A pitcher doctored a baseball?! Me, Whitey Ford, Gaylord Perry, and Tommy John are shocked and appalled!
    Actually, this story reminded me of the scene where Frank Drebin checks the pitcher for a gun in the Naked Gun and finds a jar of vaseline, a nail file, and an electric sander on the guy, then waves to "play ball." Life imitates art!

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Because both teams do it and both managers know it.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

But La Russa DID talk to the ump... what is all this chirping about him not saying anything?

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Maybe he talked to him, but I guess he didn't specifically ask for Rogers to be strip-searched.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I heard some idiot (not sure who) on ESPN radio in NY about an hour ago ranting about "conclusive evidence" that Rogers was using pine tar in all 3 of his post-season starts ("He cheated against the Yankees, he cheated againt the A's, he cheated against the Tigers. There is conclusive evidence that he is a cheater.") and that if Selig had any balls he'd suspend Rogers for the rest of the World Series. Has anyone seen this "conclusive evidence?"
    Considering La Russa never challeneged him and Rogers was not even ejected from the game, is this not a moot point now? Game over.

If you think he's dirty next time out, search him. If not STFU. No?

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) don't listen to talk radio. ;D

b) you're absolutely right: it's a moot point. Series is tied, STFU, play some ball. ... But if anything is even remotely showing on Rogers' hand in Game 6, La Russa has to bring out the fucking SWAT team on him.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

a) I should know better
    b) agree 100%

Draft saved Draft deleted