1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rogers cheating!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moland Spring, Oct 22, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Are you EVER going to tell us something we don't know?

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Did anyone consider the possibility that Kenny Rogers just didn't wipe very well after his pre-game dump?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He does own a strawberry farm. Those things can get messy.

5. Deeper_Background

That takes some massive stones to do that in a WS start. I'll give the Gambler that much... [​IMG]

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cheating in sports is as as North American as apple pie. If it gives you an edge and you can get away with it, go fot it.

Lie. Cheat. Steal. Win. Win. Win.

7. Deeper_Background

'If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.'

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

in dan wetzel's column on yahoo he quotes todd jones as saying that maybe the substance on rogers' hand was chocolate cake. but wetzel follows up and asks whether they served chocolate cake for the pre-game meal and jones admits there was none, but there was steak and gravy so it could be gravy. for the life of me i can't tell whether wetzel is being facetious and making this up or he's serious. jones is a charter member of the dickhead club so i have no love lost for him but if he actually said 'maybe it's chocolate cake' well, then jones needs a good smacking.

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The bizarre part is everyone knew and he still got away with it. That's like catching someone robbing your house and telling him you'll come back later when he's finished.

10. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

It is also worth noting that Steve Palermo and MLB are speaking the same party lines as Rogers. It's like they are all on the same team. Palermo is convinced its dirt, yet he, nor any umpire, inspected it.
    Nice.

11. busuncle

busuncle Member

I feel like the official Todd Jones Defender on SportsJournalists.com, but he is actually one of the nicest, most media-friendly players in all of baseball.

12. busuncle

busuncle Member

Here is Wetzel's column. Very good points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Al0idkC7IBLNjNNy0RGtu0Y5nYcB?slug=dw-rogers102206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Draft saved Draft deleted