1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Staubach On Post Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 8, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The game was in Dallas, not Green Bay. Sorry, as cute as it might be, he was just an observer....

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I get that, but was it that important to have someone with a Dallas connection do it? I think it would have been cool to have an ex-Packer deliver the Lombardi Trophy "home".

Besides, ole Bart won a NFL championship in Dallas in 1966.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rog was probably pissed the PA announcer forgot which Super Bowl he won the MVP.
    While I like the "float" - it is preferable to presenting the thing in a steamy beer-soaked locker room - the "lets get the players to walk around the stadium (ala the NHL) with the trophy didn't work because they were surrounded by photogs and couldn't really get close to their fans.

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he's what nearing 70 or past that already, and here's a bunch of overly excited 280-pound studs trying to get a touch on the trophy. I think he was just a bit scared, didn't want to get knocked over, etc. It could be as simple as not wanting to delay the ceremony...it was quite a long walk working through that crowd of players, and he may have grown self-conscious of the "Everyone's waiting on me" thing.

A great choice for a presenter in Dallas though...the Super Bowl should always tab a local hero to present.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What would Marty Brennaman say? [/crossthread]

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Joe Namath did not have a problem on 2 bad knees navigating the Steelers gauntlet and having some fun along the way.

They should have used Emmit Smith who would have had no problem blasting through the Packers.

The last 3 presenters have been old white guys. Its time to have a brother do the honors.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Michael Irvin was there doing his thing for the NFL Network. He could've done it. If he felt anyone got too close to him, he could've just pushed them off to get separation. I mean, it worked well for him before.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the NFL simply have the trophy at the presentation? What do we have to look forward to at the Meadowlands Super Bowl, a trophy walk by Lawrence Taylor in an orange jumpsuit?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Led by a snowblower.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From what we know of LT he is a self contained snow blower.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Someone's gonna triple dog dare LT to stick his tongue to the trophy

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they should have made Brett Favre deliver the trophy.

Or if you want a Dallas QB, go with Tony Romo. It will at least give him one chance to see the Lombardi Trophy. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted