1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Staubach On Post Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Was it me or did Roger Staubach look like a real tight ass carrying the Lombardi Trophy through Packer gauntlet.

It seemed like he was miffed that the players did not part and bow as he passed.

I was waiting for him to start swing the trophy at players.

Just a strange scene overall.

2. zhbuchanan

zhbuchanan New Member

I think that's reading a little too much into what was a three-second clip.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You had to be watching closely, but he and Bradshaw had the weirdest moment on the stage, sort of 'hey, how've ya been, haven't changed a bit,' like they haven't seen each other in decades.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, it was you who looked like a real tight ass.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

21 is right. The whole situation on the stage was awkward. Staubach hates Bradshaw. Hates that Bradshaw is considered a great QB. And hates Bradshaw himself. Staubach just wanted off the stage. That made him seem even more awkward. Add Goodell's awkwardness to the situation and it was a perfect trifecta. Staubach got off the stage the minute he didn't have the trophy anymore and didn't have to stand there next to Bradshaw.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Any specific reason he hates him or does he just think he's an overrated dumbass?

7. TheSportsPredictor

Tight ass Roger enjoys sex just as much as Joe Namath:

8. TheSportsPredictor

Staubach smiled all the way to the stage, stood behind the celebrants during Goodell's mark, and left with the Commish.

Some tight ass.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That whole scene looked ridiculous, namely because the tiny football float looked like it was a reject from the Animal House parade scene.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For chrissake, he couldn't have looked like any more a tightass if he had a corncob up his butt.

He couldn't wait to get finished. The whole walk consisted of "okay, okay", "come on, guys".

Roger may have a touch of claustrophobia.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The first words we heard from him were (to the Goodell):

"I'm supposed to give it to you, Rog, so I can get out of here."

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Staubach looked old, and maybe a bit frightened, to me. I've seen that look in too many faces these last few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted