1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Goodell...what a joke!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Feb 2, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The commish says players and teams have to be held accountable for their off the field behavior...but I don't see him suspending the criminal thug scumbag who's going to play in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

FRAUD!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2752126[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

2. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

He can't!

Man, you people are always looking for a Black Boogeyman. Quite frankly, his comments were on point.

3. Scoop's on MY side? Fuck. OK, spnited, you win. Tank should be in jail right now.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Redd, if you violated your probation twice but not showing up for drug tests and then by owning an arsenal, your fucking ass would be in jail.

In most states, probation includes not being allowed to own weapons...registered or not.

If Goodell wants to hold players accountable, then suspend these fucks from the time of arrest until they are cleared. If they are convicted, their fucking asses is out of the NFL for life.

5. The only problem with that is, what happens if/when a player is exonerated (not referring to Tank, just posing a hypothetical)? If Player X gets suspended four games for a legal infraction then gets cleared of all charges, will Goodell extend the season by four games so the player gets that time back? Since he can't, suspending a player without due process is against every principle upon which this country was founded.

That said, I'm abandoning the Tank argument. I don't ever want to be on Scoop's side.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought Redd was already residing at Shawshank for killing a man?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Exonerated from what? He is on probation, he didn't show up for drug tests, and he was living in the same house as an arsenal.

None of those things are in dispute, are they?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The correct answer. You can't discipline someone who's simply charged or indicted.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe Red was thinking of a hypothetical future situation. Suspension at the point of arrest, not conviction, would not work if the player was then exonerated.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

So. You can violate probation and get it extended. It happens to white boys in the suburbs all the time. This time a Rich Black Athlete got a pass.

Why ya hating? Ideally, in a perfect world you would like to see all the black folks lynched and spaded. Just say it.

You and those that THINK like you are Jim Crows. That shit don't work no more. Rap music blew the lid off that shit in the 80's. Now you jerks get to voice your INSECURITIES in cyberspace.

YOU don't matter. Stay mad.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The response was to spnited suggestion that "If Goodell wants to hold players accountable, then suspend these fucks from the time of arrest until they are cleared."

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As of right now, it is still technically in dispute. He's still awaiting trial and he hasn't been convicted.

This same story plays its way out at every Super Bowl. It's either Bill Romanowski having spit in a receiver's face, or Leonard Little having mowed down someone while driving drunk or Ray Lewis having been at the scene of a murder. This year it's Tank Johnson. Wouldn't be a Super Bowl without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted