1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Federer is a big, fat looser

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Aug 16, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If he can do that at the U.S. Open, then I'll be impressed.

3. busuncle

busuncle Member

Wow, Murray has notched some impressive matches. The surly Scot is definitely an up-and-comer.

4. Mutah

Mutah Member

What's a looser? ;D

5. Grohl

Grohl Guest

I give a f***, too. I know nothing about what happened in the match, but I wonder if Brad Gilbert -- a guy who made a career out of beating better players -- is already having an effect on Murray.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Little McEnroe called it on last night's telecast when he said there was no way Federer would win the tournament this week.

I liked the Thai guy Federer beat last night. I loved the Thai guy's Thai girlfriend they kept showing.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't say I'm not surprised, because it's always a little shocking when Federer loses, but he didn't play all that well last week at the Rogers Cup.

Murray has had a tremendous summer, even before Gilbert came on board.

Blake lost today, too, not that anyone will notice.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Great news for tennis fans with DirecTV.

DirecTV is providing five additional channels of U.S. Open coverage of early-round matches. A lot of interactive bells and whistles, too. Free to subscribers.

So if you don't like the match USA Network is showing on Channel 242, you can choose another one.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sampras would whip Roger's ass.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Damn Roger what the fuck happened I had money bet on that match.

11. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

What happened was that Federer was playing his 12th match in 13 days. Two Master Series tournaments in a row is tough to do, and with all his three set matches last week, it finally caught up to him.

No big thing.

Federer is still the overwhelming favorite to win the US Open. The courts will be fast, his confidence is brimming, and the trophy will be his.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Okay I didn't know it was like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted