1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Ebert's New Face

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 21, 2011.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

But what about Ignatiy? He's adorable.
    For reasons that aren't clear my local PBS has decided a Sunday Noon timeslot is ideal for a show that previews the weekend's movies.
    But I'm still hooked. For reasons I mostly blame on Roger Ebert I can't get enough of film criticism on TV and have seen all the different variations of At the Movies. I even watched Rotten Tomatoes -- the viewer review and then the later versions.
    As for this show, Christy Lemire is cute as a button. The guy with unspellable names seems like he knows his stuff, the contributors are solid and the Werner Herzog narration bit was pure genius.
    Seems like it is going for more of a news magazine feel with the different segments instead of 23 minutes of reviews. Fine by me.
    I'd say it was distracting that the hosts would throw it to a commercial that wasn't there. I guess it is easier to film that way and gives the opportunity to sell the show in Canada, maybe? Or some other place that wants English language tv shows about the movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted