1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Ebert cancer returns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Shit.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ebert-cancer-returns-taking-leave-presence-114032646.html

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sad indeed.

3. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Simply awful news.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was lucky enough to watch and analyze Pulp Fiction and Silence of the Lambs with Ebert (and a couple hundred other people) back in the 1990s and it was such a thrill to get to do that with one of the best film critics of all-time.

I hope for nothing but the best for him. This is very sad news.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Just a great writer all around.
    Ebert is an American treasure.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have his book. Need to read it. May start tonight. I love baseball season for a lot of reasons, one of them is I read a lot more with the game on in the background.

Cancer blows, as if we needed a reminder. I've never known it to come back gently when it comes a second time.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ebert's "Two Weeks in the Midday Sun," his journal of the 1987 Cannes Film Festival, is a great little look behind the scenes of the event itself and the surrounding drama that accompanies it on the French Riviera.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Had seen the news early this morning. Is very sad. Ebert is the best of movie reviewers and courageous in facing his illness.

Draft saved Draft deleted