1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Clemens Trial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

it is beyond belief that the prosecution effed this up so transparently. it'll serve 'em right if judge doesn't allow a do-over trial when they reconvene.

this was so blatant, as the espn law expert said. a blunder a first-year law student wouldn't make. geez, if prosecutions screw up trials for 'regular folk' at the rate they do 'celebrity trials,' it's s wonder jails are so overfilled.

my initial reaction: team clemens has bribed the prosecution in exchange for front row seats at his hof induction. 'cept voting writers aren't as apt to take a dive for rahjah the way the prosecution did.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The American people don't really need a second trial on this ... do they?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe not the people ... but the feds seem so hell-bent on making examples out of ballplayers of late, as Joaquin Andjular said, youneverknow.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is pretty fucking funny:

Michael Wolff is not Ben Walker, and he's not a baseball expert either.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I hope the real Ben saw it.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Seeing fakes tortured in public is always a treat.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This has been a really swell month for the American judicial system.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There wasn't really a first trial. If he was named Roger Smith, I think that there would be little doubt that there would be a retrial

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Why? I'm just failing to see why it's so important that this trial take place, outside of judicial grandstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted