1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Ailes dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 18, 2017.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gingrich started it, when he dies, prematurely, we can start the healing process.

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

You're responding to someone who can't/won't/doesn't understand most of what you wrote.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Board favorite Matt Taibbi says the gloves are off ...

Roger Ailes Was One of the Worst Americans Ever

Ailes has no one but his fast-stiffening self to blame for this treatment. He is on the short list of people most responsible for modern America's vicious and bloodthirsty character.

We are a hate-filled, paranoid, untrusting, book-dumb and bilious people whose chief source of recreation is slinging insults and threats at each other online, and we're that way in large part because of the hyper-divisive media environment he discovered.

Ailes was the Christopher Columbus of hate. When the former daytime TV executive and political strategist looked across the American continent, he saw money laying around in giant piles. He knew all that was needed to pick it up was a) the total abandonment of any sense of decency or civic duty in the news business, and b) the factory-like production of news stories that spoke to Americans' worst fantasies about each other.

Roger Ailes Was One of the Worst Americans Ever

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's rich coming from Taibbi. Liberals won't even take responsibility for their own hate.

Taibbi is a joke who should thank Ailes. No (fucking) way his shtick would fly in anything but a "hyper-divisive media environment."

6. cisforkoke

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm probably in the minority, but I felt Jeb Lund did a better job writing about the 2016 campaign than Taibbi for Rolling Stone. And Lund was let go.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're right behind Ailes on the list, Cookie.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

We need this man right now in the worst way.

11. cisforkoke

I thought he was excellent in Traffic.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

His tagline on the linked article made me smile:
    He left out his stellar columns about the NFL!

Draft saved Draft deleted