1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Ailes dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 18, 2017.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hold on - let me ask the President ...

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It isn't?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Actually, it does respond to it, and the many posts after it prove as much.

You asked who is pretending. Clearly, posters are pretending these lawsuits summarize most of the man. Well, they do not - they don't even acknowledge his pernicious contributions to the news world.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Instead of thinking you are funny, try posting something funny.

I'll start you off.

Knock, knock

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The lawsuits are remarkable, but, I didn't comment on the lawsuits, just the fact that he's despicable. The behavior isn't that remarkable. It just isn't. Women put up with Ailes-like bosses in many fields for many years. Their lack of lawsuits doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means they didn't file lawsuits. Culture was different even 10 years ago. 30 years ago was a different planet entirely.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I had to sit in an auto repair shop waiting room for two hours today.

Faux Fascist Noise was on the tube. FFN is never -- ever -- on the teevee at my house, under warning of me putting my foot through the screen.

The talking head bimbos were breathlessly discussing Fucko taking off on his foreign "victory tour" and his "opportunity to seize the narrative" by "going off script" and "defying expectations of friends and foes alike."

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Fuckin Bizarro World.

7. Starman

That's like showing up for a first date in a full formal outfit, top hat and tails, and "defying expectations" by shitting into your top hat, eating half of it, then planting the rest of it on top of your head along with the hat.

That would certainly be "seizing the narrative."

Iron_chet and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You people need to go out and take a walk. Enjoy the sunshine. Quit watching fucking TV.

QYFW likes this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Roger and Me

For the past six years, ever since I began researching a biography of Roger Ailes, there probably hasn’t been a day when I haven’t thought or talked about him. I considered Ailes to be the most consequential media and political figure of his generation — a modern-day Citizen Kane. Fox News was practically a fourth branch of government. Ailes helped elect presidents and launch wars, and he remade our politics in his paranoid image, laying the groundwork for Donald Trump’s presidential run. Ailes’s vast footprint on our culture obsessed me. I wanted to understand what drove him to amass so much power. ...

Denied access, I felt as if I were writing a biography of a dead man — one who was fighting me from the grave. He implored friends and Fox News employees not to speak with me, hired private investigators to track my movements, and set up a “Black Room” surveillance operation inside Fox News to dig up dirt on me. His political operatives prepared a 400-page dossier to serve as a source text for anonymous writers to smear my reputation online, often in anti-Semitic ways. Roger Stone was tasked with keeping tabs on my reporting, and Steve Bannon published hit pieces on Breitbart about me. After one Breitbart article headlined “EXCLUSIVE — Soros-Backed Attack Dog Expands War on Fox,” I received a death threat serious enough that I filed a report with the NYPD. So terrified was Ailes of the prospect of an unauthorized biography that he commissioned an alternative one by Rush Limbaugh’s biographer, Zev Chafets.

Ailes and I developed a strange and intense connection. Indeed, my sources at Fox said he thought about me as much as I thought about him. Meetings were derailed by rants about “Sherman” and “that fucking book.” On weekends, he phoned friends to vent about me. Ailes fired executives he thought were my sources. He told colleagues that I was being paid personally by George Soros to bring him down. It was an absurd conspiracy theory. While on book leave, I was a fellow at the nonpartisan foundation New America, which received a minuscule amount of funding from a Soros charity.

Roger and Me

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I've told you a hundred times: I'm not the one who changed.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Draft saved Draft deleted