1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger settles Lake Tahoe Rape suit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doodah, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In this limited case I think we could probably agree it's better for doodah not to post his comments.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fixed.

And see the comments above. The woman's case was a joke. That doesn't mean letting this go to trial would have been a smart thing for Roethlisberger, especially given the Georgia case.

In other words, wrong again, Zag. As usual.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

LTL has a point. I would only add that I think that if a doodah comment is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.

5. outofplace

See part two of TSP's last response. She waited a year to say anything, then only filed a civil suit. Her explanation for not wanting to go to the police? She was afraid Harrah's would fire her. Of course, she actually sued Harrah's employees as well, so that makes no sense at all.

The only witnesses of any kind that I have heard of in this case are friends of this woman who said she was bragging about having sex with Roethlisberger the next day, then changed her tune after he returned a year later.

I get the assumption of guilt here. Maybe he earned it with what he did to that girl in Georgia. But that doesn't excuse the lazy, ignorant posts by Zag and Doodah.

6. doodah

doodah Guest

Excuse me? What was ignorant about my post?

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Seeing this thread, this song keeps going thru my head..

Big Ben settles Tahoe rape, doodah, doodah...

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Camptown lady! Good to see you!

9. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

To be fair, you should have seen the petticoat that the Camptown Lady was wearing. Totally asking for it.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

well that song is forever changed in my head.

11. outofplace

You sound offended. If you don't want people to write stuff like that about our posts, stop posting stupid shit.

12. doodah

doodah Guest

Saying rape victims shouldn't settle out of court and let the alleged rapers walk is ignorant? Okay then.

Draft saved Draft deleted