1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger settles Lake Tahoe Rape suit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doodah, Jan 21, 2012.

1. doodah

doodah Guest

http://deadspin.com/5878113/ben-roethlisberger-settles-lake-tahoe-rape-suit

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12020/1204957-100.stm

For those who would rather not give Deadspin site view, though one of the papers in Reno apparently had this first. The case was officially dismissed Dec. 27. I doubt she got much since Roethlisberger was ready to let the $50,000 go to court and his lawyer called the last attempt at a deal by the plaintiff a "farce." Her case was incredibly weak, with witnesses claiming that she was bragging about having sex with Roethlisberger the day after the "assault." The man is a dirtbag and deserved worse than he got for what he and his entourage did to that girl in Georgia, but this case was a joke.

Doodah, please read the site rules about starting threads. You did exactly what we are not supposed to do, post a link with no comment at all.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seems like thread title speaks for itself without any commentary necessary

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just helping the newb/sock puppet with the rules, Boom. Even something like this, at least offer some comment. It's not like it is breaking news. This was out last night.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who says she got anything? Maybe she had to pay him.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

OOP, your take is spot on. No question he's a dirtbag and the Georgia situation was horrible. But that McNulty woman. Give me a break. It's hard to believe she got anything considering her behavior.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Darn, sports predictor, I didn't think about that. Maybe she did have to pay.

8. doodah

doodah Guest

Sorry for not providing comment. My take on it is I'm sick of women settling like this. It allows Big Ben to, as he allegedly did, victimize another woman. Kobe's alleged victim did the same thing.

Don't settle. Carry the legal process all the way through.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Don't settle.

We now know doodah will never make it in law school, either.

10. doodah

doodah Guest

If you get raped, feel absolutely horrible that it happened, why would you NOT want the dirtbag to go to jail? Why would you settle and allow SOMEONE ELSE to be victimized?

11. TheSportsPredictor

1) You've already assumed she's telling the truth.

2) LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF REASONS

12. doodah

doodah Guest

Why would a girl lie about that? And if she did, why would Big Ben even be willing to settle?

Draft saved Draft deleted