1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You didn't grow up in Pittsburgh, did you? (Cougs, you beat me to it.  :D )

2. Dignan

Dignan Guest

The doctor is going to be speaking with the media soon ...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh no.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If that KDKA lady says that he "impacted the car" one more time, I'll scream.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And I like Sonni Abatta throwing in little inane comments like "Oh, Charle Batch is their backup QB".
    Yes, Sonni, we get it. You know as much about football as anyone.

::)

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Fans are starting to arrive at the hospital.
    Charlie Batch is also arrived--no comment.

Now they're saying things like "profuse bleeding".

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think most hospitals will term any open (bleeding) head injury "critical" until they  determine the true severity of the injury and get the patient stabilized.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

First, I hope to God he's OK.

Second, how fucking stupid can he be? I mean my idiot of an ex even wore a helmet at all times. He drove his 130 mph, but at least he wore his helmet.

I do not understand young men on motorcycles. They think they're bulletproof. Too often it ends badly because of that.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

From CBSSportsline:

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is reporting on its website that a veteran city police officer said Roethlisberger hit the windshield "with pretty good force."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Doctor to speak in four minutes.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash and taken to a hospital Monday morning, and a pool of blood was found at the accident site.

12. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

Pittsburgh's a football town. Ben is an icon. I'm not surprised the media are going nuts over this.

When Bernie Kosar was released in 1994, you would have thought the president had been assasinated from the reaction at my Cleveland-area middle school. I don't remember doing anything in class the rest of the day. We just watched the round-the-clock news coverage. If Kosar had been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, I seriously believe the school would have shut down.

Draft saved Draft deleted