1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What I was surprised to hear was that his jaw isn't wired shut and he's eating solid food.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Looks like Ragu's aiming to become the 1,000th member of the Sportschick club.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And no oribital bone fractures, either as was reported by the Trib.
    They got killed on this one.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

??

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Were his teeth knocked out?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not buying anything I hear or read on the full extent of Roethlisberger's injuries just yet. Those "other facial fractures" the doctor mentioned could include the eye socket. And the Steelers sure aren't going to be honest. The healthier Roethlisberger seems, the better position they are in if they do decide to pursue another quarterback.

The thing about his mother got me, too, but I know people like that. My brother rides and in response to this accident, he told me if he gets killed in an accident on his bike tomorrow, he was happy. I told him I'd be sure to remind his kids about that.

Maybe it's just my family. My mother won't wear a seatbelt because it makes her uncomfortable. She refused to start even after my grandmother was thrown through a windshield in an accident (she survived, but you get the point).

I give up.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

2 were knocked out. Several with chipped.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Instead, he's got a metal plate in his jaw, a la Kanye West.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Chunky soup, I'm sure.

10. Grohl

Grohl Guest

I'm a little confused about Roethlisberger's mother. I've seen stories saying that his mother, Ida, died when Ben was a kid. But I've also seen stories saying that his mother, Brenda, was going to shoot a soup commercial with him on Wednesday. (I'm going to assume that the Chunky folks didn't decide to film a commercial with an exhumed corpse and that, therefore, Brenda is alive and kicking.) The Steelers' web site also lists his mother's name as Brenda. So who's Ida?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Brenda's his stepmother. Ida's his biological mother.

12. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Simple. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, sportschick.

Draft saved Draft deleted