1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

ESPN ticker:

ESPN's John Clayton is reporting it does not appear the injuries are life threatening.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I'm a Browns fan and you're a dumbass.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

You can watch the coverage live on www.kdka.com, which is what I'm doing now.

I'm hearing possible broken jaw...facial injuries, head injuries.  There's lots of info flying around...nothing is confirmed (says the non-journalist).  I had heard the hospital was making a statement but it doesn't seem like it's happened yet.

The entire city has come to a screeching halt.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fuck off dumbass.

And if you're going to pimp your site, at least spell the fucking name correctly so the link in your sig works.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I hope he's not seriously hurt.

I just can't believe how stupid not just athletes are, but anyone not wearing a helmet.

And for the athletes, can't you wait until you're having a mid-life crisis to do this crap?

6. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

Hate to say it....but maybe Terry Bradshaw was right about all of the, "you owe it to your team to be safe" talk last year.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

People on motorcycles not wearing helmets draw the same response from me as when I read that someone in a car crash didn't wear a seat belt. I just don't understand why someone wouldn't take the extra two seconds to be safe.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The whole concern right now should be Ben's life, health and well-being. Football issues need to be discarded right now, ya'think?

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Wow, as a fellow human I just hope he's OK. As a Steeler fan I say FUCK, I hope its not too serious.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes he was wrong to not wear a helmet. But at least cut him some slack in that it appears that the driver of the car was in the wrong by making a left and cutting him off. I hope for the best for Big Ben and hope he learns.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't cut him any slack. You mean a driver in a car made a wrong move? It happens every second of every day.

The stupidity for
    a) driving a motorcycle on the road; and
    b) not wearing a helmet

is beyond belief.

2006 Darwin Award Nominee

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

So much for "Jungle Karma."

Rome begins his radio show at noon ET by saying he'll have Roethlisberger on the show. Before the hour is up, he's reporting that Ben was in an accident.

Draft saved Draft deleted