1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06165/698068-66.stm

Wednesday, June 14, 2006
    By Ed Bouchette and Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger lacked both a helmet and a valid Pennsylvania motorcycle license when he crashed Monday, according to Pittsburgh police sources, but he did have a prior warning: The Steelers told him last year that continued riding might affect his contract.

A letter sent by the Steelers last year to Mr. Roethlisberger's agent put the player on notice that the team considered riding a motorcycle as a dangerous activity that might affect his contract if he were injured doing so.

happy now? :)

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

What difference does it make what the cops or courts might do to him? The poor bastard had seven hours of surgery to have his head Humpty Dumpty-d back together.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Guy's gettying Humpty-d back together largely because he wasn't wearing a helmet. I love motorcycles and have had one pretty much all my adult life. However, I won't do more than back it out of the garage without a helmet -- not just for safety reasons, but frankly, because it's more comfortable to me. I see all the bug juice all over my face shield and shudder to think of that being on my eyelids and forehead.

But as much as I love to ride, if my employer was paying me 8 figures and told me if I wanted to keep said 8-figure salary, I'd have to park the bike, I'd park the bike, no questions asked.

4. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

So let's see the Steelers void the contract then.

One doctor said that if he were wearing a helmet, his head probably would've went through the windshield. The doc said that type of collision often results in neck injuries and paralysis.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sadly, the "helmet" up for auction on eBay has been taken down.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Re: the artwork

ooooooooooooooooook

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16786565&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478569&rfi=6

7. Dynasty99

Dynasty99 Member

Wait a second. Ben Roethlisberger got into an accident? When? I havent heard anything about it.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Got dizzy looking at that.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The artwork is priceless

And he's a bigger idiot than I gave him credit for.

Dumbass. He has no excuse for not understanding how dangerous the roads can be.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just means he's just as stupid as everyone else from Ohio [/bluestater] ;D

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Are you trying to antagonize me, buddy? :mad: ;) :D

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

WTF is that?

Draft saved Draft deleted