1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Not funny.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Oh f*%&. I was just chuckling with Cougarguy this morning about which quarterback had the better drunk photos - Ben Roethlisberger or Kyle Boller. This is not good.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No need for that ... his hair is probably falling out in clumps anytime he runs his hand through it.

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Mr Headbutt, someone else is asking for your name.

After Winslow, one would think these guys would be more careful. I hope he's ok.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

He apparently was talking after the accident, but didn't know where he was.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8449812

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Please, please, please keep those of us not in Pittsburgh informed of what's going on. Terrible news all around.

8. trounced

trounced Active Member

Profootballtalk blurb...I guess this is one way to take attention from soccer on its biggest day

ROETHLISBERGER WRECKS

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Steelers quarterback Ben Roetlisberger has been injured in a motorcycle accident near the 10th Street Bridge in Pittsburgh.

(As of 12:10 p.m. EDT, the Tribune-Review's web site had crashed, apparently due to the enormous spike in traffic.)

The accident occurred at 11:37 a.m.  He was not wearing a helmet.

Per WTAE-TV, Roethlisberger has been taken to the trauma unit at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh.  There are no specifics as to his condition.

A witness to the aftermath of the accident told WTAE at 12:11 p.m. that Roethlisberger was alert and talking to paramedics, but there was "blood everywhere."  The witness also said that Roethlisberger was wearing a neck collar.  As of 12:17 p.m., neither the Mercy Hospital officials nor the team would divulge any details.

Roethlisberger was criticized in 2005 for not wearing a helmet, which was revealed after Browns tight end Kellen Winslow wrecked his crotch rocket and suffered a torn ACL and internal injuries.  

Said Roethlisberger at the time:  "I'm pretty conservative and laid back.  I'll just continue to be careful.  [W]e always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

There's no indication that Roethlisberger was riding in a group on Monday morning.

Stay tuned.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Heb beat me to it. I was just going to say, didn't Kellen Winslow teach anybody a lesson?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

they didn't actually use "crotch rocket" in the story, did they?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Isn't a helmet mandatory? Or is that just a California thing?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Varies by state.

Draft saved Draft deleted