1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger appendectomy? ... Chargers LB shot three times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is an appendectomy arthoscopic surgery now? If so, 2-3 weeks. If they have to cut the stomach muscles, it could be longer.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

One of the local TV sports talking heads here started bagging on Roethlisberger and the appy at the end of his segment. I nearly reached through the TV to strangle him. Then again, I am a little biased toward Ben. :D

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

<sigh> Sounds like I should bust out my playoffs DVDs from last season instead of watching the season opener on Thursday. :-\

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

SI Dolphins SB prediction looks a lot more sturdy with a Steelers loss Thursday.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dammit, if he'd been wearing a helmet on his appendix, this never would have happened.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Terrell Owens farts, ESPN will be right there with 23 camera angles and Dolby stereo sound for the replay.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Shot, that wasn't funny.

I happen to know people personally who have died despite wearing helmets on their appendixes.

Please flagellate yourself furiously, as penance.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I like the Maddox rumor they're floating. If he doesn't want to come back, will they sign Kordell? How about Kent Graham? Or maybe they'll bring Pistol Pete Gonzalez back for the 11th time.

Speaking of Ben, as Steeler fans know, he's likely to hype up minor injuries, so I sent a text to me a buddy at a wedding and he asked if this is one of his "hoaxes."

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Also, someone should tell yahoo's front page editor to watch some film because Ben is referred to as "Super Bowl hero."

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yeah, he's lucky he WAS wearing a helmet that day... covered the goat horns nicely.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's Bubby Brister doing these days? Or Mark Malone?

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've heard Rick Strom is free Thursday night, only because the folks are on vacation. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted