1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 20, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I thought you were sick, plop, shouldn't you take some time, plop, away from fellaciating Big Ben and the Steelers, plop, to get some rest, plop, ploppy.

plop, plop, plop, plop, plop goes the weasel!!!

What are you, fucking 3rd Bass? Get a fucking life.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

When I get some play time later this week, I'll whip up something good, just for you, big boy.

I've said everything else here I have to say. Peace out.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are a strange dude. No wonder you fit in around here.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LJB, for the record, the story on Roethlisberger countersuit lived on P1 of ESPN.com for several hours on Friday. It's still on the site, but well off the rail.

5. outofplace

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09309/1011054-66.stm

Since somebody complained of SportsJournalists.com and others ducking this story, there was some news today. The woman has quit her job at the hotel where she claims the assault took place, citing mistreatment by her employers. Ths surprises me only in the fact that she stayed there this long. She has a lawsuit pending against people there, says that she was raped there, yet she kept the job? Talk about awkward.

I did not realize they were still fighting over the venue. Her lawyer field the complaint in Reno, even though the incident took place in Lake Tahoe. Roethlisberger's attorneys want it moved to the county where the alleged incident actually happened. Hmmm

6. Herbert Anchovy

Yes, there was some news today, yet there was no report of it on the league's network, while there was room for a bit on Rich Eisen's male pattern baldness.

Get past SportsJournalists.com, it has nothing to do with that.

7. outofplace

You think the woman quitting her job is national news?

8. Herbert Anchovy

You're trolling, mon ami.

9. outofplace

You still didn't answer my question.

I'm not for a second saying that the NFL Network is going to give this thing fair and balanced coverage. It hasn't and it won't. I'm just not sure why this particular part of the story would be news outside of Pittsburgh and Nevada. To me, the ongoing fight over the change of venue was more interesting than the news of the day. I didn't realize that was the current hold-up.

10. Herbert Anchovy

It was a silly question. I think it is an item of some note, more than Rich Eisen's hairline.

This is an alleged rape case. Or am I mistaken, and is it now something different.

11. outofplace

Actually, nothing that has a direct impact on the case happened. She quit her job, something anybody with any sense knew was inevitable.

12. outofplace

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09314/1012182-66.stm

Roethlisberger will at least make some comment on the case on ESPN's E: 60 7 p.m. tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted