1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games according to Mort - obtained HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Aug 31, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Will Professor Happy be chatty? Between Harrison and Mangini questions, you can almost see the snarl on Hoodie Boy's face.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You guys should read a transcript of his conference call. Unless the anti-New England bromide is just particularly potent tonight.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Indeed, except when it's 61-100%. One of the rainiest towns in the USA.

FB - What's up, man? Good to 'see' you, and see you got YOUR man, Gone-zo. Excellent work, my friend!

I gotta run, but wanted to say 'hi,' and 'congrats' on Goonzales' departure. :)

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dude, I don't have an anti-New England bias. I just happen to think that if Harrison were truly sorry, he wouldn't have used HGH for two years.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I know making things simple is merely about rhetoric, but you're too smart to act like it's that simple. Dude had two knee injuries, one to each leg. Offered the opportunity to cut some corners so he could get back from an injury faster. It was stupid and wrong, but let's PLEASE not use the word "Vick" in this discussion anymore. What Harrison did is on the same ethical plane as shit that goes down in piles, going a little high with the pine tar, and faking injuries to avoid getting cut by a team. It's not right, it's not legal within the rules of the game, but it's also not exactly high treason, either.

6. It's not anti-pats talk, at least not on my end. If this was Brian Dawkins, I'd be even more pissed - and I'm an Eagles fan.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, well, you'll forgive me for thinking some of the foolish generalized anti-Boston bullshit was spilling over.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Ummm ... He never said their crimes were similar. He said that Harrison is only sorry because he got caught. Just like Vick. Doesn't mean he has put them ``on the same ethical plane.'' Just that their tearful apologies would not have happened if they hadn't been caught.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

As opposed to all those apologies and confessions that come when there's no heat on.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Something tells me it will be easier to segue into this suspension than Randy Orton's.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I noticed that Chris Mortensen has a byline and also has his name in the story, essentially referring to himself in the third person. Anyone else ever pulled this off?

By Boobie Miles
    Podunk Press

Black is beautiful, Podunk Press' Boobie Miles confirms.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

The funniest thing about Harrison's apology was his explanation that he wasn't looking for an edge, just looking to heal quicker. Oh. OK then. you want to get better quicker to go out there and mash some shit up. That's not looking for an edge at all.

And we're supposed to believe Harrison's never done steroids as well? I'm sure his gameday frothing rage is natural. Just like Roger Clemens.

hope the whole fucking league gets nailed, because the NFL has skated by with 600-lb guys running 4.4s and ex-players dying in their early 40s while everyone cries about baseball getting ruined by performance enhancers for too damn long.

Draft saved Draft deleted