1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rodman, Mullin in Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

An outstanding class coming in.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6289323

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised that Rodman got in, given what an anti-establishment / just generally weird dude he became. However, I definitely think he deserves to be there based on merit.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I began a thread on here some time back that got heated at times about whether Worm belonged. I said that he did. I'm not surprised. I'm really pleased that Herb McGee made it. A fine coach and a great guy.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

He'll get in.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

mullin was a FAR better college player than miller AND a better pro. now, miller should be and will be a hof'er, i'm sure. mullin was a much better PLAYER.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm glad the voters looked past all the BS and put Rodman in.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I wouldn't go that far. I always questioned his status on the dream team. He was a great college player. As a pro, Mullin was better than most. Put up some good numbers with the Warriors.

8. sgreenwell

To me, Reggie Miller is the Fred McGriff of the NBA. Very, very good player, and consistently near all-star level for 12 of his 18 years. Doesn't change the fact that his peak wasn't as great as you might remember - One year of 24 ppg, one year of 22 ppg, and three at 21 ppg. There isn't much in his accessory stats that prop him up - Almost no blocks, about a steal a game, and an average amount of rebounds and assists. If you're into PER, his floated between 18 and 20 most years.

I am surprised that Mullin is in, but Miller isn't. But I'd argue for excluding both as opposed to enshrining both. And hey, nice to see Artis Gilmore get in there finally.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Kentucky Colonels and the ABA hurt Gilmore's selection.

10. sgreenwell

Yeah, I imagine it was strictly because of his ABA association that it took so long for him to get into the Hall of Fame.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually it did play a part. I've heard a couple of HOF'ers - Julius Erving and Moses Malone - say that.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Rodman is out looking for the perfect evening gown for the occasion. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted