1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rocky VII: Rocky vs. The Martians

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why? Why? Why? Especially after how the final Rocky did so well.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope he's done, but I must admit, I was very pleasantly surprised by both the last Rocky movie and the Rambo movie...

Granted, my expectations were pretty low...

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen the new Rambo, but the latest Rocky installment was pretty good. I really think he caught lightning in a bottle with that one, though. It was sentimental and had enough nods to the original, with some outstanding boxing scenes, that it worked. Another one would probably just be more crap.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the spirit of Alien vs. Predator and Freddy vs. Jason, I think Sly should get the best special effects wizards he can afford and do Rambo vs. Rocky.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is a BRILLIANT idea. Seriously. make this happen.

7. Mizzougrad96

I can't imagine him finding any way to do another of either movie... Granted, I would have said the same thing a few years ago...

8. Agreed. I think it did well because of 1. low expectations and 2. people giving it the respect they did thinking it was the final in the series. It really was well done, buit why tarnish that by putting out another one?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Because he's Stallone and he's a douche?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think it's because he's Stallone, and it's all he's got left.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I really doubt these two franchises have any more financial legs left. The novelty factor is gone now. Nobody is going to be lining up to see another round of nostalgia.

12. Mizzougrad96

I would tend to agree with that... The factor that no one is mentioning is how much pull Stallone has overseas. If Rambo and Rocky Balboa pull in a ton of foreign cash, I could see him getting the $$$ for another one...

Draft saved Draft deleted