1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Nov 1, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocky_Horror_Picture_Show_cult_following

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In heels?

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I've only seen this once and it was during a midnight showing. Went with a bunch of friends who had seen it before and knew what to expect. I was blown away by the audience participation (TOAST!). Probably the most memorable evening I've spent inside a movie theater.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If necessary.

People throw toast? Theaters are OK with this?

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yep. They throw a bunch of stuff (rice during the wedding, etc.). Moddy, it's an experience. You should check it out at least. Maybe go with your kids. It would be a hoot.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Me too. Love this movie and have seen it a million times. Damn It Janet!!!!

In fishnet stockings, too?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I saw it once with a bunch in Raleigh ... show it at the Rialto at midnight at least once a week.

Funny, funny stuff. Audience participation makes the Cameron Crazies look disorganized.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

saw a promo for it on regular tv in dallas and can't see how they were able to cut/bleep around so much and still have enough movie to show.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of the theatres in one of the malls in town showed it at midnight every Friday for years. The first time I went I was bombarded with toast and confetti and shit when they asked if there were any first timers in the house. Saw a stage production of it in Toronto when I was in high school too. That was nuts as well.

It's astounding, time is fleeting, madness takes it's toll.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

True.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

A one-plex (or whatever the term is for a single standalone theatre) in my hometown played Rocky Horror for three weeks during my junior year of HS. We went the first two weeks. Fuckin awesome. No idea whose lead we were following, since we were all 16, but what a great time...throwing shit at each other, shooting each other with water guns. One week, while moving down from the top row, I slipped, fell and skidded down the ramp. Got up with my arm all scratched up to a standing ovation.

Didn't go the third week. Good thing. The QB of the football team got soused and threw a garbage can thru the front window. End of Rocky Horror in my hometown. RIP.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it was better years and years ago. over the years, too much audience participation ruined it, especially when loosers did the whole freakin show, word-for-word close to (if not in front of) the screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted