1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Rockford Files' remake on the way (2012 EDIT: Now maybe a movie?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 2, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: 'Rockford Files' remake on the way

Interesting. Rockford only was a top 20 show in its first year when it was #12 and I always thought he was a con artist or some such thing - didn't realize he was wrongly convicted.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They already did, last week. Clearly, you don't live in LA!

;)

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/lets-travel-together-down-memory-lane-the-ben-silverman-experiment-ends-pt-7/

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ben Folds Five been folded up since the year 2000 (except for a one-off reunion show) so I guess I don't really care if they like it or not. ::) ::) ::)

Yeah, it would be nice if Hollywood (and everybody else) would come up with fresh, creative, original ideas. Unfortunately, most of them suck, too.

It doesn't bother me if they make remakes, it only bothers me if they remake bad shows, or remake good shows badly.

At least it's not another fuckin' bullshit reality show. I'd rather see "My Mother The Car 2K9" than those goddamn abortions.

Angel Martin: Eddie Izzard.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Sigh. I pity the guy who tries to slip on Jimbo's double-knits. It's like covering Roy Orbison. You gotta suffer by comparison.

Remake Richie Brockelman. A Gandy series maybe, partner him with Marcus Hayes. A household drama with Dennis and Peggy Becker. Beth and the blind psychologist pair up. Lance White and Vern St Cloud with Freddie Beamer along for the ride. Aaron with Jimmy Joe Meeker. Anything other than a straight-up TRF remake. Please.

o-<

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Call me when Simon & Simon is remade!

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not that it's hard to not take your high school guidance counselor seriously, but I had a particularly difficult time because mine was a dead ringer for Angel.

[​IMG]

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Wikipedia never fails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jim_Rockford%27s_answering_machine_gags

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's a lot of gems there, including this one ...

"Hello? Are you the guy who lost a wallet in the Park Theater? Well, I'm kinda like into leather. So, I'll be returning the money, but I'm going to keep the wallet."

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Love to see this role go to one of two guys who deserve to be bigger stars and would be great: Nathan Fillion ("Firefly," Castle") or Jeremy Renner ("The Unusuals," "The Hurt Locker")

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Angel would be the hardest guy to replace on the show.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The ultimate Angel in Dirty Money, Black Light:

Beth Davenport: I hope Angel won’t say anything that’s going to get Rocky into trouble.
    Jim: Hey, Angel has been in stir. He knows better than to talk without his lawyer present, and you’re his lawyer. Angel knows better. He’ll keep his mouth shut.
    (Jim and Beth leave Angel’s apartment and close the door. The scene cuts to an interrogation room.)
    Angel: So you want to be talking to Jim Rockford, and his father Joseph. Let me spell that for you. That’s Rockford... R... O... C... K... F... O... R... D... The guy’s got a record, too, you know. The state, they pardon you, but you know the state – they just practically give them pardons away.

o-<

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Steve Buscemi does the squirrelly sniveling-weasel act pretty well, but I doubt he'd be interested in being the third banana on a network TV series.

Draft saved Draft deleted