1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rockets beat Sixers by 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Even Iggy I'm not so sure about. Great athlete, but his game really hasn't developed all that much since he's been in the league.

Still, he is the best the Sixers have at this point so you're probably right. I'd keep Dalembert, too. I know he makes a ton of money but he's broken out somewhat this year, and 7-footers that can run the court and block shots like that don't grow on trees.

2. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Maybe right about Iggy but it will take a season to see if he can step out of AI originals shadow. AI mk. II was a big reason behind their recent up tick and then his 2 for 10 is a big reason you lose by 50! That and your best rebounder for the game gets 5

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I agree with blowing up the team, but I'd keep Iguodola, Dalembert, Hunter and Miller. Everyone else is just awful. I mean Louis Williams? Are you kiding me? Wow what a pick Billy King. Still that's four guys. You need 12. I guess Shavlick Randolph is OK, but we'll have to wait to see how he plays when he returns in a few weeks as has been reported by the Philly News' Phil Jasner. I'm just hoping the Nuggets miss the playoffs b/c the Sixers have their pick and it's only #1 protected. Come on AI be the cancer we all know you are!

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The Sixers have a solid core of talent to build around. Iggy is finally coming into his own offensively. Korver is just being Korver. Dalembert would be a good fit at the four, if he sured up that jumper of his. Keep Miller around, and draft a nice center, like Aaron Gray, or Greg Oden if he comes out, but I think Oden needs some more work in college to be a star in the NBA. Maybe the Sixers could make a deal for a talented big man, like they almost did for Carlos Boozer. Imagine that. He would have really helped them out. Billy King oh how I love you.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Aaron Gray? Yikes. That guy is a NBA bust waiting to happen. He's 7-foot tall and that's about it. No athletic ability at all. Just curious, but what does Oden need to work on? I mean yeah he's limited to about 10 feet and doesn't shoot free throws all that well, but other than that I just don't see any holes in his game. Defensively he would come in and be there best player right away.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

My point on Aaron Gray is that he could be a big man the Sixers get later in the draft, and try to draft a more solid player up front if you do not land the Oden sweepstakes. I personally think Oden is a force defensively, but he needs to get a jumper into his arsenal and then you'll be looking at the next great big man. If he gets a jumper, he has a possibility at being better than Shaq, I might be going out on a limb on that one, but if Shaq ever developed a jumper, he would be challenging Kareem for the scoring mark.

7. bballscribe

bballscribe Member

Rockets will make it past the second round but no further. They lack depth, are weak at the PF spot, and have a lack of players who can create their own shot other than McGrady.

If they had a choice, they have a much greater chance of defeating Dallas than Phoenix, but I don't see them beating Dallas over 7 games.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I like you're thinking on Gray as a late pick, but some people are saying top 15 or top 20. I just don't see it. Yeah he's big, but that's about it. I don't think you're going out on a limb about Oden being better than Shaq. He's such an amazing athlete and it seems like he wants to get better, wants to learn and wants to work hard. Shaq seemed like that when he first came in the league, but then he got out of shape and never in my mind totally fulfilled his potential. Had Shaq stayed in shape he would have challenged Kareem. No doubt in my mind.

My fear is the Sixers are going to end up with another wing player, something they already have too much of. I'd love to see them get a shooter who can defend. Korver should be playing 15 minutes a night tops. What he gives you offensively, he more than lacks defensively. The guy is just slow and unathletic. He's a spot up jump shooter at best.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If Iggy would just develop a jumper, he'd be one of the elites. The guy has freakish like talent.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Sixers beat Heat tonight for 28th win. I know Wade didn't play, but still a pretty good win for Iggy and the boys.

Draft saved Draft deleted