1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rockets beat Sixers by 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Rockets beat the Sixers, who had won eight of 10 games, 124-74 tonight. As tough as the Western Conference is, do the Rockets have a chance? Now that Yao is healthy, I could see them giving SA, Dallas or Phoenix troubles. Yao was playing like an MVP before he got hurt, and then McGrady went nuts when Yao was out. Now both are heating it up. I think they will be dangerous.

2. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Holy http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/33442/ Batman!!!

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Sixers evidentally didn't get the memo that they had a game tonight.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please tell me RokSki and JDV are not related to any Sixers fans.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

An all purpose thread? Sorry, but no DB there. Losing by 50-points is a thread worthy of its own. As to the subject...

Beating the Sixers by 50 doesn't mean you can take on SA, Phoenix or Dallas, but the team does have a good quality big man and McGrady. They can definitely make a run of things and cause lots of problems for other teams.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wow, people actually watch this shit before the Finals?

7. One loss, a bad loss, true, doesn't mean much. The Sixers' future is bright with cap room, young players and a conference where even a mediocre team could advance deep into the postseason. I'm looking at the Sixers being a 4, 5, or 6 seed next year.

8. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Hmmm Houston are 6-2 since Yao came back and are definitely heating up. In any other season these would be the dark horse no one wanted to face. The only issue is that Dallas, Phoenix are loaded and having great seasons with MVP performances from their team leaders. SA may not be having the same season as the aforementioned two are heating up nicely and have a well oiled system and know what it takes to win.

I just can't see Houston getting it done over 7 games.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Really? Wow. I'm not sure about that and I've been a Sixers fan since Hersey Hawkins and Barkley and Johnny Dawkins. Maybe if they got Oden they could be, but right now I think there are six teams with worse records than them thanks to the Sixers winning 8 of 10. I think more now than ever they need a guy like Oden b/c the Sixers' defense is atrocious. Dalembert and Hunter don't scare a soul and Korver couldn't guard a statue. You can actually see Mo Cheeks aging before your eyes.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

11. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Agreed. The Sixers would need to do some serious tanking, try and get a high pick and then blow up the rest of the squad save Igoudala. I don't see any short term fix for them. Miller is a decent trade piece but as for the rest....

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

HEY, I never said that. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted