1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rocker and Irvin: Together forever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pilot, Dec 13, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So much for the theory about the editor denying Pearlman's first draft and saynig, "Let me hear the tape."

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

While I wouldn't have responded to Rocker's latest rantings, that was a good piece by Pearlman.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

priceless. schuerholz gets way too much credibility. no one ever gives him credit though!

pearlman's response was terrific. i'm not knocking pearlman for his response but didn't he used to come on here and bash anyone who dared to rip him?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That was actually a nice piece, Biff!

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

SportsJournalists.com: We Never Forget.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Rocker has officially written one more book than he has ever read.

And that was a hell of a column by Pearlman.

7. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Thought it was a weak column by Pearlman. He hints that he can really crush Rocker by revealing everything that went on that day and then he tells a story about how he grifted a $12 CD. Big deal. Even the school probably would justify the tradeoff was worth the visit (at the time). And how do we know Rocker didn't send them some money or something after the fact?

I agree Rocker is an ugly human being, but Pearlman is trying to defend himself with a gun that doesn't have any more bullets in it.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Pretty good piece from Pearlman, but I've never been a fan of the whole "I have black family and gay friends" argument. I don't think you deserve anything special for that these days.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

you're kidding, right?

10. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Ture, he probably didn't. But Pearlman's $12 tattle is pretty feeble for a guy trying to make it sound like he's wielding a hammer.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love how he calls Irvin his buddy, but then throws him under the bus into the blender by saying that hookers and crack are "more of a lifestyle" than a one-time thing from what he's heard.

You stay classy, John.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Jew took my comments out of context!

Way to make your case, moron. The guy always claimed he was misunderstood, but everything he has done since that article has supported that he's a bigoted, redneck moron.

Draft saved Draft deleted