1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock of Love with Bret Michaels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm sitting in this restaurant with my wife and this dating show is on. She's interested because she's seen it at home. I pay scant attention and figure it out: This dude is the permanent bachelor (yes, it's been staged in another series, and this is a new batch of girls).

Good god.

First, if that "did it for me," he's one weird-looking man. Rich maybe but not what I would consider attractive. Yet, somehow, he's managed to make millions off chicks groveling over him.

So how would the show work if you were Bret Michaels? And why weren't you smart enough to come up with the show yourself?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No reax? Shit, I guess the studs are all kicking themselves or they're like WTF about the show.

Yet this shit takes up the airwaves.

3. All I can say is you must eat at some classy establishments.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, some sorority chics party was between us and the TV (Chili's). Something about one of their sisters in the show. And they demanded the volume be turned up.

I think two of them just got off that Southwest Airlines flight (see other thread).

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because none of us are washed-up rock stars desperate — who are so vain as to wear a bandana 24/7 to hide our receding hairline — for any attention whatsoever and don't have an ego so huge that we think anybody would give a rat's ass about our love life?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how do you know i don't wear a 'danna 24/7? maybe i'm the bret michaels of sports guys.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One of the bumpers had photos showing him with his bandana off. It was WEIRD!

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/rock_of_love2bret.jpg (NSFW)

That being said, god, Daisy is one fucked-up looking girl. Great body, but her face freaks me out. Yet he loves her.

[​IMG]

But what was up with Catherine's hair? Scary.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That's a wig or some big-time Photoshop. Last season, there was one segment where he had the hat/bandanna combo off...his hairline started around the crown of his head.
    I was into that show last season, but I could care less now. The whole concept of Bret Michaels talking about how he's looking for love, when you know he's slept with at least 5,000 women, is just silly.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which is precisely why I watch it. :D

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't watch Rock of Love, and yet Flavor of Love is fine with me.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

You must hate white people.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Might be the permanent eyeshadow?

Draft saved Draft deleted