1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock Hall: Mellencamp, not Rush. I give up.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Dec 13, 2007.

1. I disagree slightly with Mr. Gee here.
    I myself listened to many hours of Mr. Cohen in someone's dorm room in the (as I would come to learn, over and over again) extraordinarily vain hope of an eventual, ah, payoff. It took almost my entire undergraduate career to figure this out.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to read through the rest of this thread, but I don't need to. Well said, dave.

3. LemMan

LemMan Member

Being a huge Rush fan, I'd be happy as hell to see then up there one day, earning the honor. That said, the beauty of Rush is that the band has endured for so long doing that their way, that it's almost emblamtic of their career that they are NOT in.

That said, Alex, Geddy and Neil play their instruments like no other. As one poster previously noted, say what you will about the lyrics and the concept albums, but you can't deny the band's talent. And they are an INCREDIBLE band live. You get upwards of four hours of music...even though all the band members are on the wrong side of 50.

Draft saved Draft deleted