1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock Hall: Mellencamp, not Rush. I give up.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This is another great example of music snobs being the worst thing that could ever happen to music and musicians. These dickless cardigan wearing assholes sit here and, in a whiney, nasally voice, talk about how, for example, Bob Dylan revolutionized music in ways that transcend the entire creation of the guitar, or how this beat or that chord sequence are signs of sheer genius, artfullness, and emotion.

But the great fucking bands that people loved, love, and will always love, and who are actually fucking associated with rock and fucking roll, keep getting left out by those worthless cocksuckers still bragging about the mushrooms they gave to some hippy girl back in 1971 and how she went down on them afterwards, while omitting the part where she only did that because the mushrooms gave her munchies and she thought she had an icecream cone but was too stoned to notice.

Fuck, schmucks like Fallwell and Robertson are more fun than music snobs.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Amen, brother. And once again, no Rush.

The Dave Fucking Clark Fucking Five? You cannot be serious. There is not a cogent argument any rational, sentient human being with an IQ north of 80 can make to justify this selection. None.

Not even you, Bubbler. You can (incorrectly) slam Rush all you want, but there is no reason -- N-O-N-E -- for this selection.

Channelling Fenian Jesus wept. :'(

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Whatever... ::)

And the RRHOF will continue to be a bad joke.

4. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

You think he has it bad?
    That's nothing in comparison to what this guy is going through:

[​IMG]

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If this were my Web site, I would set up a macro so that anytime someone tried to type:

The guys in Rush are musical geniuses! (or any variation) it would come out

I couldn't get laid in high school!

Then I'd put on a Warrant tape.

That's what I'd do. ;)

I'm kidding. And by kidding, I mean completely serious.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Six years unti Warrant's eligible.

If they don't get in, there will be hostages taken. DEAD hostages.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dirty, Rotten, Filthy, Stinking DEAD Hostages!

We'd both be Down Boys if that shit happened.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Heaven's not too far away *rat a tat tat*

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It's worthless to me to argue about Rush being in the HOF. They're my favorite group and I don't care if the RnRHOF doesn't acknowledge them. Putting Madonna in there is enough reason to be HAPPY that Rush isn't lumped in with her.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rush rules. Deal with it.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I loved Rush prior to Permanent Waves; it was a prog rock band that actually rocked. But I don't think they've been at that level the past 27 years. Even emphasizing their prime, I don't really see them as a Hall of Fame band.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted