1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock Hall: Mellencamp, not Rush. I give up.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The ones beside JCM and Madonna mystify me.

And Rush will forever pay the price for Bytor and the Snow Dog [/hicosmo!]
  3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you said rush...

rush sucks

mellencamp is the only one in that list that doesn't belong. they've had a lot worse classes
  4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

I'm no Rush fan but Jesus, they're better than some of the acts they have in this thing. They let a lot of shitty groups in.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Madonna is not rock. She belongs in bubble gum/disco HOF.
  6. You seriously don't think Mellencamp belongs? He's phenomenal. An honor long since due.
  7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Sorry but Mellancamp belongs in the Hall more so than Rush, and I am a Rush fan saying this too.

Madonna is another story though :-X
  8. Mellencamp belongs. But so do Rush and Chicago, and neither one of them is in, so I can't take the RnRHOF too seriously.

Leonard Cohen? Really?
  9. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

To me the remarkable thing about Mellencamp is that his songs (okay, Our Country is the exception) don't get stale. I used to like Steve Miller, Tom Petty, and artists of that ilk but I almost cringe when I hear Jungle Love or something similar. Mellencamp's songs just never seem to get old.
  10. For those who just know "Jack and Diane" or "Small Town," you have to take a gander at his entire body of work. Some of it is unbelievably good, particularly "Scarecrow," with lesser-known songs like "Minutes to Memories," "Rumble Seat," etc., etc. John Mellencamp is an elite rock artist.
  11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Nice to see the Ventures get in. They are a quality instrumental rock band.
  12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rush ... the Bert Blyleven of rock and roll.

(I'd have said Fergie Jenkins, but Fergie is actually in.)
Draft saved Draft deleted