1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Definitive 200 albums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They should have just made it the top 197 then.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As much as I hate Michael Jackson, I won't argue the merits of Thriller or Off the Wall. I don't remember if Bad is on the list...

Dangerous? That's worse than Kid Rock, Creed or Matchbox 20 making the list...

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You can definitely make an argument for Thriller being on the list.

But 3rd? That's pretty thin ice.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

No Buffett? Damn those Cleveland bastards and their grass-skirt-less lives!

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Clearly, they see themselves as a popular music Hall of Fame. No other explanation for Morrissette, Norah Jone, Shania Twain having placement, much less being so high. They obviously are tryng to throw in a modern album or two, even if it's a stretch.

They remain a joke based on having taken so long to induct Black Sabbath. And the fact that Rush and Steely Dan are not in.

Physical Graffiti is a top-15 album. The best and most diverse work by the best band.

Can't really argue with the top-10, other than Sgt. Pepper. Revolver is their best work, the bridge between the love song era and the drug era. Would move Appetite for Destruction to where Pearl Jam's Ten is, and move that one spot down.

Def Leppard's Pyromania belongs in Hysteria's spot.

Metallica's Black album, I understand the love. But as far as metal goes, Master of Puppets was their seminal work. And I would still put Black Sabbath's Paranoid above both of them, for history.

No argument on the highest-placed Who or Doors albums.

The TItanic soundtrack's placement on the list at all was guffaw-inducing.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I get very angry when REM gets disrespected. What a consistently amazing band.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Amen.

"Aja" at No. 191 is outrageously low.

Also cannot see how Seger's "Night Moves" checks in at No. 82 and "Stranger In Town," with one of the best album sides in history, does not make the list.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian must have influenced the voting on Segar.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I KNEW this was political...

10. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

The problem is they put the wrong Shakira album on here. Her MTV Unplugged live set CD is outstanding. Of course, you have to understand spanish to really appreciate it, but she writes great stuff and is a great performer, though her Americanized stuff is a notch below what's she's done in the Latin market.

Of course, I care not for Steely Dan.

And Norah Jones doesn't belong anywhere in the top 100, or 150.

And second me on the where's KISS Destroyer? And put me down as a fan of the Beatles' Rubber Soul as their best album. I put it a shade before Revolver, but Peppers is so overrated.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

more to do with his ongoing battle of wits with chris L

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You shut your damn mouth about Willie.

Draft saved Draft deleted