1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Definitive 200 albums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 7, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Without Enya you don't have Ross and Rachael.

2. In case I'm wrong - there doesn't seem to be anything by Alice Cooper, The Kinks or the J Geils Band.

Peter Frampton's Frampton Comes Alive (which I believe is still the biggest selling live album in history) doesn't make the list but they make room for Enya?

It's like the 70's never happened

3. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Glad to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame took their piece of shit list as seriously as Rolling Stone took their top guitarists list.

4. Kiss Destroyer didn't make the list either

5. The Who's Tommy didn't make the list either.

Hell - the soundtrack from the movie should have been on there before any of the other soundtracks.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Are you saying that Freeze Frame or Frampton Comes Alive are better than Big Willie Style or Kid Rock or TLC?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

All this talk of Sgt. Pepper's prompts me to post this link to a Jim DeRogatis column ripping it to shit (scroll down)....

http://www.jimdero.com/News2004/July4SgtPeppers.htm

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't remember seeing any Ramones on that list either... Maybe one day they can be as good as Creed...

9. If you are mentioning Freeze frame as J Geils best work - you obviously haven't heard any of their live albums. BTW - today is Peter Wolf's 61st birthday.

Let's not forget that Willie Nelson has 2 or 3 albums on this freaking list of "rock and roll"

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Creed 15 spots ahead of "Rubber Soul."

Wow.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

You learn something new every day. Today I learned Elvis Costello never made a definitive album.

12. Frylock

Frylock Member

Ironically, Rush makes it (No. 198)

Draft saved Draft deleted