1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2016 Class Nominees

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That place is a sham until this guy and his band are inducted:

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No, on shite like "Uncle Albert".....

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We're so sorry.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The RORHOF essentially lets in every .282 hitter with 1850 hits or 178 career wins

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I say if I have never heard of them, they cannot be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Other than The Smiths, I'd say The JBs were the best band in the bunch. JBs, as in James Brown and his band, which featured a young Bootsie Collins. They were funky and they were spectacular.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Has the Rock and Roll HOF jumped the shark? I realize music is not the same as sports, but it is called the Rock and Roll HOF. Madonna, Janet Jackson and NWA are not Rock and Roll. When they open the Rap HOF, Aerosmith and Anthrax should not be nominated. The Sex Pistols and the Oak Ridge Boys should not be nominated for the R&B HOF either.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Or perhaps the definition of "rock and roll" has evolved and broadened over time. It doesn't have to be the same thing it was in 1967.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whether they like it or not, if they want to keep the doors open they will have to continue inducting bands/acts yearly regardless of their "rocker"-cred. I figure anyone who has been the subject of a cover or article in Rolling Stone should qualify.

Draft saved Draft deleted