1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robinson can't sub for Bonds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Apr 14, 2007.

1. creamora

creamora Member

Hammer Pants,

I'll bet that more than eighty percent of the players in the league have cheated by using some type of performance enhancing substance. Stimulants are more harmful to a player's health than steroids and there has been rampant use of stimulants for more than fifty years. Face it, baseball is full of cheaters and always has been. Were you born yesterday? Take your blinders off.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Creamora, just type the words "Barry Bonds cheated."

Stop skirting the issue, or changing the subject every time Bonds is mentioned.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You are completely missing the point. How does others cheating make it OK for Barry to cheat? Answer that question, please. You never have.

Clean it all up. Getting Barry would send a loud message to everyone else.

I mean, there have always been racists in the world. Should we just let them be racists? I mean, they've ALWAYS been there.

YOU DON'T HAVE A VALID ARGUMENT.

4. creamora

creamora Member

Ragu says, "what color are the guys flooding the game with illegal performance-enhancing drugs?"

Many of baseball's drug suppliers are from South America.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Greg Anderson is South American?

6. creamora

creamora Member

Hammer Pants,

There are the baseball's "official rules" and then there are the "real rules" of the game. The team owners, players union executives and players have been playing by the real rules throughout the history of the game. It seems that sports journalists as a group have been rather slow to catch on to this fact. Either that or they have been playing by the real rules for many years as well and have been simply looking the other way. Bonds certainly didn't create the real rules of the game of baseball and he doesn't deserve all of the blame for the rampant use of drugs. Anyone who tries to make that argument is a fool.

7. creamora

creamora Member

There are hundreds of players in the league using drugs and Anderson is linked to maybe ten players in total. Where are the rest of them being supplied from? Clue. It's not the internet.

8. Hammer Pants

OK, man, you have your opinion, and I completely disagree with it. If anyone else wants to pick up this argument, fine. But I'm done. I'm not arguing with someone who thinks the way you do, because we would never agree. Cheating is not OK. I don't care who says it's OK ... it's not, in my book.

9. creamora

creamora Member

Hammer Pants says, "Clean it all up."

Are you kidding? What lily-white suburb do you live in? I suppose you have a magic wand your going to bring to the party, too?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ballscribe's a girl, dumbass. Says so right there in her sig.

11. Hammer Pants

I'm trying to leave this alone. I want clean sports. How can you say that's a bad thing? What the fuck is between your ears?

It might not be possible to catch them all. It probably isn't. But every person in every sport caught cheating should be given harsh, over-the-top penalties. Make an example. Clean it up.

What the fuck does race have to do with assholes who cheat sports? You refuse to answer any questions and keep deflecting blame away from the assholes who cheat. We caught it late. But we caught it, and we'll keep catching it.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You started this thead about Bonds, and Bonds => Anderson => BALCO => Conte.

Why are we talking about South America? Charity begins at home, plenty of drug dealers right here.

Draft saved Draft deleted