1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robin Quivers leaving Stern Show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 6, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to either in a while, but that's what it sounded like to me too when I read it.

For the love of God, please don't talk about your wife's charitable work.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The power of the poontang.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

http://satelliteradioplayground.com/2011/05/07/sirius-xm-nasdaqsiri-is-the-howard-stern-shows-robin-quivers-leaving-for-television/

She's not going anywhere.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You guys are way off base with your reviews of Stern.

Is the show as good as it was 5/10/15/20 years ago? No way.

But is it bad? Not really.

Sure, there are times when you can just tell Stern has got nothing go on--today for example centered around Ronnie's mess up on twitter and Lady Gaga's HBO special--but he more than makes up for it with fascinating interviews you can't find anywhere else.

Last week he interviewed Jesse James and while I normally wouldn't give a shit what that c*cksmoker thought/cared about, Howard got him to open up about his relationship with Sandra Bullock and I found that very, very interesting.

His interview with Billy Idol last year was amazing, the whole Courtney Cox/David Arquette dynamic was fun to listen to and I couldn't turn the dial when he was considering retiring.

Not always bringing his A game every day but still better than every other option I've heard out there.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's definitely the best option out there. It's really not close either.

As far as Ronnie is concerned, any show where he's on for a significant amount of time, makes me turn the channel.

He's at his best as an interviewer. The Arquette stuff has been great. The dynamic when Chris Rock is on is amazing, because Rock holds Stern in such high regard, but is one of the few guests willing to give Stern shit.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Agreed on Arquette. When Courtney came in studio, it got very entertaining.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I still enjoy Stern, but only when he has someone in for an interview. The regular day-to-day bullshit, I'll pass on. It's boring. I listen to O&A way more than Stern, but I'll be sure to catch the Stern replay if someone tells me he had a good interview or a good segment.

The sybian creator segment last year was unbelievably funny. Maybe the best Stern bit in a long time. And Little Lupe was great. 95 percent of the shit on his show, though? Nah.

8. Mizzougrad96

I flip back and forth a lot more now than I did when Artie was still there.

Goddamn that guy was hilarious on that show.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Same here. A lot of the guests he has on these days are people I have no interest in hearing from or about.

10. Mizzougrad96

Most of the segments that promote his TV channel are awful. I understand why he does it and I know he makes a fortune off Howard TV as well, but I have no interest in hearing this month's "Miss Howard TV" be interviewed.

Jesse James was on last week and was great.

Most of the Wack Pack stuff loses me as well. Wake me when they find someone as interesting as Hank the Drunken Angry Dwarf, who was always fantastic. All the others are pretty awful to listen to. There are a couple exceptions, but it's pretty rare.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There used to be some places online that you could download the previous day's show, but I've lost the link.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I miss Fred, Howard and Gary. Those are the guys that make the show, and Howard is an amazing interviewer. Pull up some of his David Duchovny stuff. It's amazing.

The rest I could care less about.

Draft saved Draft deleted