1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robin Quivers leaving Stern Show?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 6, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/05/howard-stern-robin-quivers-shock-jock-radio-leaving-15-foundation-oprah

Nothing definite here, but if you've listened to the show at all this year this can't be a shock. She's been phoning it in for quite some time and is a bit nutty these days (trips to Peru to do weird drug rituals, terrible scores on a mental illness assessment test). Last week felt like Howard was almost nudging her to quit - for health reasons.

2. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Wouldn't you lose your mind if you had to sit next to that turd every day for the last 30 years?

3. NoOneLikesUs

Artie Lange and Jackie Martling did in much less time.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She won't leave. Her job is way too cushy. She probably makes $5 mil a year to work four days one week, three days the next and they get 12 weeks off.

Howard probably pissed her off and she wants to make him squirm.

I'm not a big fan of hers, but it would be pretty different if she left.

5. NoOneLikesUs

I'm not sure she'll leave for another show, but man is she teetering on the brink of madness (and that in turn could force her out). Can't stand that manic detached laugh anymore.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The show can withstand the departure of anyone except, well, Howard. That said, I haven't listened since he went to satellite.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I don't subscribe to XM/Sirius, but on the rare occasions that I could rent a car for a 5- or 6-hour road trip for work, I would always try to get a Dodge because they almost all had the satellite feature.

Alas, those days are over on May 20.

Won't be able to rent a car, without some serious pull, with just my ATM card. They say if you have a valid flight ticket, cruise ship, etc., at the local airport, they'll rent ya.

For me, probably not happenin'.

The one credit card I got is the employer that done told me it's time to hit the bricks.

I'll survive. I got $4 on the Powerball tomorrow night. My ship's gonna come in. I can feel it! Know what I'm sayin', homeslice?

8. Just now annoyed by the laugh?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He still has great guests but that show jumped the shark years ago. Howard was great radio when he was the up-and-comer and railing against Hollywood and other media personalities. Now he lives in the Hamptons, ditched the mother of his kids for the super model and is now as mainstream as Walmart.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Really? Before they went to Sirius, I think she was only making a couple hundred thou. Word is Stern and/or Infinity were really cheap. Gary was probably making less than $100K as recently as 10 years ago.

And Artie was fucked up long before he was on Stern. I still miss Jackie.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

To me the show was the best when Billy West was on too. I could care less who he interviewed. The Wack Pack, news and personal nit-picking were the best.

I read Robin's book back in the day and it was clear she had some issuses back then and almost left the show 20 years ago. I wish I could afford satellite radio for Howard, I really miss him.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I find it surprising she is 58 years old.

Draft saved Draft deleted