1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

robertson, christian coalition announce support for adulterer giuliani

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and never, ever was anything else but . . .

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

As Lyman said, Robertson is backing Rudy only because he believes Rudy is going to win and wants to be associated with the winner. If he thought Romney was going to win, he'd back Romney...Mormon or not.

And Frank is dead on with his point about how voters can be convinced that a true war hero really isn't one if you shout it loud enough and frequently enough - just look at what Swift Boat did to John Kerry in '04. And this is why, as scandal-tainted as he is, I am very convinced we'll see Karl Rove again once the Republican nominee emerges.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This thread would be comical if it weren't so sad and I must say, even for the SportsJournalists.com liberal mafia society -- a place where anyone who doesn't hug trees, who doesn't support abortion without any questions asked and who has the audacity to question why the government continues raise taxes is called a troll and a right-wing nut -- this is a new low.

I mean, here is a thread chastising a guy for placing a desire to have his side win, for chosing the lesser of two evils, for endorsing the person in his party he believes has the best chance to defeat the Clintons, a family who he loathes, that has been largely expanded with posts from a bunch of guys who, for the past few months, have told anyone who would listen that they don't support many of HIllary's views, don't really like her, but they will support her because she is the Dem's best chance to take the white house back.

What a joke.

And you lefties in here are far bigger hypocrites and frauds than any member of the conservative christian Klan could ever hope to be.

And this is also another example of why this government "of the people " sucks -- people no longer care enough about their values to vote for the candidates they best align with. They vote for the perceived lesser of two evils because they think if they don't their life might somehow change -- unfortunately as we usually find out there is no lesser of two evils because they all are members of the same power structure and until we change that the other shit we all want changed will always remain the same.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Dude, Robertson said the United States DESERVED 9/11. Now he's endorsing the guy who was the mayor of New York, whose candidacy is based almost solely on 9/11. And that mayor is welcoming him with open arms. If you can't see how fucked up that is, I'm sorry. There's nothing else to it, as much as you try to make it about two-faced liberal meanies.

5. I don't give a damn what Crazy Pat does. His political trimming is between him and the suckers who have made him rich.
    My complaint is with St. Rudy Of The Rubble, so proud that he once yelled at Arafat, campaigning on nothing else except what he was perceived by his own passel of suckers to have done after 9/11, gleefully accepting the support of someone who thinks NYC (and America) got what was coming to it.
    And, in your guts, you know he's nuts.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Why do you insist on making this a you-against-me thing? This ain't a new thing with you. But since you do . . .

Do you understand that I am not obligated under any moral imperative (not to mention constitutionally), to support your president and his moneyed band of religious wackos? Have the last five years taught you nothing?

I still remember your Katrina comment about the blacks and the school buses. It was your finest moment on this board. The real hondo. Just because it can't be accessed doesn't mean you didn't say it. I couldn't give a fuck about the Muslim shit you are battered for.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We're assuming here the GOP lemmings will march off the cliff en masse here to support Rudy. I think that ship has at long last sailed, thanks to Chimp Boy. Robertson's endorsement is nothing but a minor blip.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't recall any such remark.

I've never tried to impose my religious beliefs on anyone. But why should you get a pass on condeming everyone with religious beliefs? You're in the minority, in case you didn't know.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Of course you don't.

Just like your president doesn't recall being a drug addict (or the pretzel he struggled to consume) and your prince regent Cheney and cheerleading coach Rush taking out multiple war exemptions.

You don't remember any of it. And you hope feeble-minded voters like yourself won't either.

I don't think so, big boy. Check the polls. Go around town and do some asking.

With any hope, you have a lightning bolt and a Damascus in your future.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Numerous polls and surveys have concluded that around 95 percent of the world's population are members of a religion or believe in a Supreme Being.

According to a 2003 Harris poll (link here: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=359), 90 percent of adults in the U.S. believe in God.

So I checked the polls, hotshot.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Pat Robertson supporting Rudy's campaign is the very definition of the word "ironic."

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A very odd choice by Robertson, who probably alienated a lot of his constituency by putting his support behind someone whose stands on abortion and gay rights, along with his adultery, put him at odds with most conservative Christians. And moderates might shy away from Giuliani now because he has the perceived stink of Robertson and his support. Unless that was the plan all along -- align with a moderate to scare people away from him, though if that was the case, it's not like they were going to support Huckabee or Alan Keyes instead. Why WOULDN'T Robertson support Keyes, who pretty much aligns perfectly with Robertson's fan base? Or for that matter, the Constitution Party candidate, who will probably align just as perfectly? Because expediency trumps core values for Robertson, apparently.

Oh, and while I'm in the neighborhood ...

Is this that "tolerance" thing I hear all the fellas talking about at the choklit shoppe?

Draft saved Draft deleted