1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

robert kennedy jr.: we have a negligent press in this country

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/amc_2006/robert_kennedy_jr_we_have_a_negligent_press_in_this_country_46136.asp

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Attack! Attack the messenger! Someone call Bill Keller and Len Downie and have this man slandered immediately!

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

wow. this is huge. corporate consolidation has hurt the press? i'm glad it took RFK junior to get this out in the open. let's have a frank discussion about this. /sarcasm

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

We haven't had enough of a discussion about this in this country. When I hear it, it's coming mostly from us, those of us in the worker-bee levels of journalism.

So I'll applaud anyone who tries to get the conversation going again, whether it's Robert Kennedy Jr. or someone across the aisle.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can anybody disagree with this quote?

"We're the most entertained, least informed people in the world."

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'd take our lack of informed people over the informed people of some of those African countries to start.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd be more informed and definitely entertained if RFK Jr. would spill the beans about whether his dad and uncle gang-banged Marilyn Monroe.

Seriously, though, he makes some good points.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/19/125148/65

Comparison of CNN news content to international news outlets

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We live in a country that has laid untold riches at Keanu Reeves' feet for his ability to say "Whoa."

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Is a threesome considered a gang bang? Just wondering...I couldn't find it in the AP stylebook.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I left out Peter Lawford and Frank Sinatra ... I just thought it was assumed.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's my understanding that RFK Jr., back in the day, had a unique plan to end Colombia's status as a major supplier of cocaine to the United States.

He, his brother David and their cousin Chris Lawford were all set to visit Colombia and just inhale the whole damn country. Unfortunately, death and rehab got in the way and the plan eventually had to be aborted.

Or so I read in the Weekly World News.

Draft saved Draft deleted