1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robert Allenby misses the cut in Hawaii; then . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Jan 18, 2015.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rob Konrad says Allenby's full of shit.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

McGarrett and Dano on the case.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Chin Ho, too.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Haoles gotta be careful on the islands.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I was in grades 7-9 when my dad was stationed at what was then NAS Barbers Point on Oahu. Had to go to an off-base school. The last day of school was known as Kill Haole Day. That meant sprinting to the buses.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So who's going to do the first take-down of this bullshit story? It has the makings of an interesting what-really-happened story.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Guy looked like sh*t on Golf Channel yesterday and sounded credible. He said he was in a really nice restaurant and then in the carpark/garage got taken down.

I cannot recall in my 50 years another apparently random kidnapping of a celebrity from a seemingly fine establishment.

Allenby said the perps were using his credit cards so there's a trail that is going to lead to the perps so maybe he really is telling the truth.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Perps were in a wine bar though. Not exactly your common hoodlum hangout.

I wouldn't be surprised that someone in Allenby's entourage said something shitty which provoked a delayed attack.

Not sure what the world is coming to. Now golfers are being terrorized.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

It's already starting. A homeless woman who called the cops said she was a mile from the bar, not the 10 Allenby said he was. Also, the FBI said they wouldn't be involved in the case after Allenby said he was interview by the FBI.
    Is he married? Could this be a, caught in the middle of a fling with another married woman, husband beats the shit out of him, says he was kidnapped to save face? Maybe not that extreme, but I feel this story ends up as Allenby doing something stupid when he was drunk.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe he went to other side of island to find Jake Scott and Scott did not want to be found again.

Songbird likes this.
  12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I would be skeptical if I hadn't heard about countless other instances of strange or violent things happening to tourists/non-Hawaiians on the islands.

Draft saved Draft deleted