1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robbie Alomar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Feb 11, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

First, I hope that Robbie's condition isn't as bad as implied in the story and that even if he has AIDS he's able to live happily and comfortably. He's always come across as a good and kind human being in my dealings with him, which is good enough for me.

Second, I'm not close to prepared to buy into everything this woman has tossed out there for public consumption and I'll never be prepared to speculate on how, why or from whom he may have contracted the virus.

Third, I wish nothing but the worst for the woman who has made these allegations. If she ever happens to win her lawsuit I'll consider about the dirtiest $15 million in history. Physically attractive leaches are the downfall of too many young professional athletes.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Fucking spare me.

3. cranberry

What's your problem today, Simon?

4. Simon_Cowbell

These guys fuck their way through their careers. It's their own goddamned choice. They WANT these groupies.

If she got AIDS from this guy after he knew he had the disease, $15 million ain't close to enough.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That whole story gave me the shakes. I HOPE it is all false and Alomar doesn't have AIDs. I HOPE the woman is OK. I HOPE Alomar didn't lie to her and infect her. But each graf made me shiver.

The post above gave me the shakes, too.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Today?

7. Simon_Cowbell

You done with your daily self-colonoscopy today?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I question her story, too, but don't you think you jumping the gun just a little by assuming she is lying? If he really did what she is accusing him of, he's the bad guy here.

9. cranberry

I don't even assume she's lying. She's pathetic even if every word is true and I have zero sympathy for her.

Best I can tell from the story is that, even if it is true, the damages she has suffered amount to emotional distress and "AIDS phobia," whatever the heck that is. If all of this is true, Robbie would be guilty of being in denial and failing to have an HIV test in a timely manner.

Going to the media with this type of sensational garbage in an attempt to extract $15 million to help ease your emotional distress and "AIDs phobia" is beyond pathetic.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Uh, she was his girlfriend.

I find it somewhat comical and definitely pathetic that you blame the sexual exploits of young athletes on the women around them.

Who's fault is it when a married athlete brings STDs home to his wife? The woman/women he screwed or him for doing the screwing?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

cran, she is saying that he knew he had AIDS and lied about it so he could have unprotected sex with her. She's no angel, but if it is true, that is absolutely disgraceful behavior on his part.

12. cranberry

I don't see anything in the story that indicates that he knew he had AIDS -- just that he put off too long getting tested. If I missed something reading the story, please point it out and I'll gladly say I'm wrong.

Save it. I didn't "blame" anyone and, for the record, I don't have a problem with people having mutually consenting sex. Ever. I merely made a general observation that physically attractive leaches are too often the downfall of professional athletes.

Again, the "damage" that this woman claims to have suffered is "emotional distress" and "AIDS phobia" and she wants to collect $15 million from a man she alleges to have AIDS and, ostensibly, felt some kind of attachment at one time.

Sorry I don't think this is a very honorable woman.

Draft saved Draft deleted