1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robbie Alomar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Also the first Jay with AIDS in the HOF if we believe recent news stories.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think I'm just touchy on that, because growing up an Indians fan I'm dreading the days if/ when Manny Ramirez, CC Sabathia and Jim Thome possibly go in with other teams. I think Thome will go in as an Indian. No way baseball allows a bewuved Sawx player like Manny to go in with Wahoo on his cap. (While he had about five hundred more plate appearances with Boston, his greatest years were in Cleveland. They just went unnoticed. His 1999 and 2000 seasons are amongst the greatest in baseball history...as roid aided as we now know they probably were...but he was hitting homers at a very good pace along with a .333 and .351 average, respectively. If he plays the entire 2000 season, he hits 50 homers and challenges Hack Wilson's RBI record). Ditto with the Yanks and Sabathia.

No way would I want to horn in on the Blue Jays' attachment with Alomar, even as magical as those days of having Vizquel and Alomar turning double plays were at the time.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sabathia's going in as a Brewer.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i remember arguing that he was the best player in the game a few of those seasons. he was definitely top 5 and those Jays teams were real good also. one of my degenerate gambler buddies must've bet Tor 120 times some of those seasons. he used to say, just be leading after 6, you see Ward and Henke, it's over.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

bwaahaa

Draft saved Draft deleted