1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker to Cold Pizza?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 18, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I think Rob Parker and Cold Pizza are a match made in heaven. Neither one is any good, and they can both have the other as part of their resume. I love this idea.

2. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I wish I could find a concrete reason WHY this show is still on the air?!?!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

... my secret crush on Dana Jacobson...

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Believe me, he's not the only guy doing that. At least he's not sugar-coating anything.

Monday morning, people want to read about the Lions--good or bad. It's not like he covers the Jets for the NYT.

If they were good, his tone would be different. But, they're not.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I can say, less Cold Pizza more Dana wouldn't be a bad thing. She definitely no Thea Andrews, but she's not bad.

6. ned racine

ned racine Member

rob is a great guy, and i do mean great guy...he is funny..considerate and nice BUT hes is one of the worst columnists i have ever read....he tries too hard to be a star.....and he sucks joe dumars schlong more than anyone can suck off another person in print....

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I heard him on the radio once, filling in for, I think, Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio. He was brutal. His voice wasn't bad, actually it was pretty good, but his content and attitude were terrible. That stint did not go well, and I haven't heard him on ESPN Radio since.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. That honor is reserved for the Dwarf, who calls upon him for many of his charitable occasions.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To me, Cold Pizza was a show to watch when Woody Paige was anchoring his chair on 1st-and-10. Now, if I catch it, I catch it. If I don't, oh well.

10. boots

boots New Member

As a friend of Rob, I don't like the way people are bashing him. He's a good young guy. He's got a lot going for him both in and out of journalism. Many of those bashing him wish they were in his shoes.
    The Parker bashing is one reason why many look at this site and laugh. This crap has to stop.
    The worst part is all of those bashing him wouldn't say a damn word to him in person except "hello." But behind a phoney name, you berate him.
    No wonder people think so little of this profession.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sorry, but his columns are brutal.

12. boots

boots New Member

I beg to differ and I'm a regular here. I didn't say everyone, I said many.
    If Rob was so bad, then he wouldn't be pulling down a steady paycheck. I think many are simply jealous. I just don't like the cheap shots at a great guy and a friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted