1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker: "Shame on Aaron for not being supportive of Bonds"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. We can criticize athletes even though we haven't done what they do, but we can't question somebody who happens to work at a larger media outlet? Sorry, no sale.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just because a circulation is bigger doesn't make it better.
    Didn't know I labeled him, thought I described him. Your sticking up for Rob is admirable, but I have as much right to criticize his writing as you do to defend it. If I was the only one here ripping his writing, that would be one thing. But I'm not.

Now, why don't you go back to where ever you were all weekend...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who knew it would actually get that big and still retain distinctive features? Curse you Ikon!!!!

4. outofplace

Exactly... we have at least as much right to question Parker as he does to criticize Aaron.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I just filed...

"Rob Parker is a coward."

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Maybe that's why each of his needles has missed. After all, those were performance enhancing steroids, right?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

8. boots

boots New Member

WTF are you talking about last weekend? I was here. Are you like keeping tabs on me or something. If you are, thanks.
    As for the criticsm, everyone has an opinion. I don't like hearing it from out of shape clowns who haven't done and will never do it. It gets very old.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Also, my immediate thought was that the head on the cartoon Bonds was way too small.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nads were probably lifesize tho...

11. outofplace

What the hell does conditioning have to do with it? Is Parker in great shape or something? (No, I have no idea who he is. Just responding here to this column).

12. boots

boots New Member

Conditioning has nothing to do with it. Aren't you tired of some fat bastard, or skinny bastard for that matter, with little or no talent criticizing someone they don't know and dream about being in their position. I am.
    If slappy or anyone else out there think they can do better, write a column. If not, leave it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.