1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker: Douchebag; or ESPN FIGHT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't be so hard on yourself. :D

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

LOL. Now that's funny.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You've got a good point.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This thread has three pages. The Deadspin story has 43,000 hits and 68 comments.

Some people care.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Something tells me that's not one of their highest-ranked stories, as frequently as Deadspin is visited. And 68 comments is a pretty small total, too. But then again, I think you knew my point about how stupid it was to give a shit about this issue did not ride on how many people were stupid enough to give a shit about the issue.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I know your point. I agree with your point. But I think people enjoy keeping ESPN in check. Of course, ESPN enjoys when people keep them in check, too, because it means they're watching.

Edit: You can see views for all of Deadspin's stories, and 40,000 appears to be way above average (maybe 15,000).

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Parker stepped in it again by awkwardly questioning whether RGIII "is a brother or a cornball brother."

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/december/rob-parker-criticizes-robert-griffin-iii-for-having-a-white-fiance.html

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Rob Parker noted that RGIII has a "white fiance" as that site put it, there's a whole lot more involved than race.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'll go on record to say that Rob Parker is not a racist. I know he is prone to say a lot of things for shock value because it's TV and it's what he's paid to do. He's a good guy. Why he selected this tactic for RGIII, I have no idea.

10. LongTimeListener

Because he's stupid.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

He may do stupid things, like this stunt, but I wouldn't call him stupid.

12. LongTimeListener

No, he's really actually stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted