1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I guess we are all of his closest friends here then.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Lol. yeah. I don't know what's the big deal about this. I just said the guy is doing ok without writing for a newspaper. Unlike many people here, it wasn't his only source of income.
    I guess that makes him him a bit smarter than many of the people taking shots at him.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My investments are kinda hurting, Drip. Can you share what he's got his money in that is doing so well? Hope it's not with Bernie Maddoff.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Now, that's getting too personal. Let's just say he's an entrepreneur and he's doing ok and leave it at that.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Yeah, I guess we're all the dumbasses for actually doing a good job at the job that was paying the bulk of our salaries. Instead of mailing it in on his columns and asking stupid questions and then piling up as many radio and TV gigs and TV commercials as his lame paper would allow.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

ding. ding. we have a winner.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

When in doubt, sling rock.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think I figured it out, Parker is who you get your crack off of. This explains many of your posts, you must be in a drug induced haze.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter to me whether Parker is penniless or if he short-sold GM stock or if he's a trust-fund kid or if he won the lottery. What matters is that someone of his repute is no longer siphoning off what would be someone else's honest wages from a news organization.

Heck, that's the CEOs' jobs.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

drippy is just throwing more shit against the wall to see what sticks. Unfortunately for him, nothing is sticking.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

The sad part is, his job likely won't be filled, so someone that needs and deserves a job will still be on the outside looking in.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I love it Hank when you try to spin doctor my posts to make it appear as if they are about me instead of the subject. You throw it out there to see how many sheep are going to follow your lead and usually, they do.
    Double J, you are right in that his job won't be filled. That is indeed sad but the News is taking on a lot of water and there is a possibility, the way things are going in this business, it could become extinct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.